GLb2491 is a configurable isolated RS-485/422 bus transceiver in half/full duplex mode with isolated channel, mainly including one sending circuit and one receiving circuit, used for mutual conversion between logic level and RS-485/422 level.
GLb2491 is an isolated data transceiver with bus pin and ± 8kV ESD protection, which is suitable for high-speed, half-duplex or full-duplex communication. For half-duplex operation, the transmitter output and receiver input share the same transmission line. The transmitter output pin Y and receiver input pin A are externally connected, and the transmitter output pin Z and receiver input pin B are externally connected.
GLb2491 is designed for balanced transmission lines and complies with ANSITIA/EIA RS-485-A1998 and ISO 8482:1987 (E) standards. This device adopts magnetic isolation technology and integrates a three-channel isolator, a three-state differential line driver and a differential input receiver in a single chip.
Differential transmitter output and receiver input have electrostatic discharge circuit, which can provide ± 8kV human body model (HBM) protection. The logic end of GLb2491 uses 5V or 3.3V power supply, and the bus end needs an isolated 5V power supply.
This device has current-limiting and overheat shutdown characteristics, which can prevent output short circuit and excessive power consumption caused by bus competition.
• Isolated RS-485/RS-422 transceiver can be configured as half-duplex or full-duplex mode;
• Bus terminal pins provide ± 8kV ESD protection;
• 16Mbps data transmission rate;
• Comply with ANSI TIA/EIA-485-A-1998 and ISO 8482:1987 (E);
• Suitable for 5V/3.3V operation (VDD1);
• High common-mode transient immunity:>25kV/us;
• More than 32 nodes can be mounted on the bus;
• Thermal shutdown protection;
• Pin and compatible with ADM2491 and ISO3086;
• Working temperature range: - 40 ℃~+125 ℃;
• Isolated RS-485/RS-422 interface
• Industrial site network
• Multi-point data transmission system
Function block diagram